Alexander McLavish concentrates his practice in the area of construction and procurement where he represents public and private sector clients in matters including bidding issues, delay claims, construction defects, and complex litigation.
Prior to joining Parker McCay, Alex was a Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Joseph L. Marczyk, P.J. Cv. in Atlantic County, NJ. He received his law degree from Rutgers Law School - Camden where he was a member of the Mock Trial Team and president of the Estates & Trusts Society. In his capacity as president of the Estates & Trusts Society, Alex organized an annual program where police officers, firefighters and other first responders receive free will and estate planning services. He has held legal internships at the New Jersey Attorney General’s Office, South Jersey Industries, and a local criminal defense firm.
Alex received his Bachelor’s Degree from The College of New Jersey (TCNJ) where he taught G.E.D. classes to inmates at Albert C. Wagner Correctional Facility through TCNJ’s Center for Prison Outreach & Education. Additionally, he held a number of internships throughout his college career including: The Mercer County Prosecutor’s Office, Princeton and Lawrence Township Municipal Courts, as well as several positions in the New Jersey Statehouse.
Alex is certified by the State of New Jersey as a mediator for small claims, law division and landlord tenant matters.
When he is not at work, he enjoys spending time with family and friends, watching sports and visiting the Jersey shore.
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Atlantic County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Vincent S. Haneman American Inn of Court
- How Pending Legislation & Recent Executive Orders regarding the Coronavirus Pandemic May Affect New Jersey Construction ProjectsParker McCay Blog, April 9, 2020
- Parker McCay Blog, March 20, 2020
- Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Joseph L. Marczyk P.J. Cv., New Jersey Superior Court, Atlantic County, Civil Division.
- Rutgers Law School - Camden, J.D., May 2018
- The College of New Jersey, B.S. Political Science, May 2015
- New Jersey