Mariel descends from a multi-generational family of New Jersey entrepreneurs. Growing up in a small business household influenced her decision to study finance for her undergraduate work and choose corporate law as her area of concentration as an attorney. Often acting as general counsel for her clients, Mariel incorporates these experiences as well as her legal knowledge into her advice to her clients. Mariel understands that a legal analysis often is just one component of a business decision.
As chair of Parker McCay’s corporate department, she handles a variety of legal matters, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate formation and development, operations, governance and compliance, and risk management. During her legal career, Mariel’s clients include small start-up companies, non-profits, small business, family organizations, as well as large, multinational, publicly traded corporations. Her legal representation of these companies has involved all facets of corporate law. She drafts and negotiates contracts and other documents including stock and asset purchase agreements, commercial lease and sales agreements, and corporate organizational documents and resolutions. She has secured favorable outcomes for her corporate clients across all industries.
An area of specialty for Mariel is matters relating to marketing, social media, and other promotional activities, including sweepstakes and other prize promotion contests. She understands federal, state, and other regulations to ensure compliance for her clients.
Prior to joining Parker McCay, Mariel was focused in gaming law as part of the corporate department for a large national firm. Ms. Giletto has experience representing the gaming equipment vendors, private equity and investment banking firms, Internet gaming companies and casinos. She has handled gaming related regulatory matters in numerous jurisdictions in the United States and abroad.
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Chair, Casino Law (May 2012-May 2013)
- Officer (May 2010-May 2013)
- National Association of Women Business Owners, South Jersey Chapter (NAWBO-SJ)
- Public Policy Director
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Atlantic County Bar Association
- New Jersey Red Cross, Board Member
- Successfully represented a temperature controlled trucking company as the borrower in connection with the restructuring of multiple existing credit facilities totaling $27 million, including two term loans and a revolving loan.
- July 2016
Effectively brought complex transaction to a close by drawing on a broad range of skills and experience from multiple practice areas.
News & Speaking Engagements
- Legal Requirements With Which Every Business Must ComplyJuly 19, 2017Chamber of Commerce Southern New Jersey
- April 7, 2017
- Mariel Giletto presents NBI CLE on Negotiation StrategiesAugust 9, 2016 | 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.National Business Institute (NBI) Continuing Legal Education for Professionals
- September 16, 2015
- Parker McCay Blog, September 12, 2017
- Parker McCay Blog, June 23, 2017
- Parker McCay Blog, October 17, 2016
- Parker McCay Blog, March 14, 2016
- Parker McCay Blog, December 22, 2015
- The Honorable Steven P. Perskie, Superior Court of New Jersey, Atlantic County, Civil Division, and Cape May County, Chancery Division
- Villanova University School of Law (J.D. 2006)
- Federal Tax Clinic
- Environmental Law Journal
- Rutgers University, New Brunswick (B.S., Finance, 2002)
- New Jersey