Yin concentrates her practice in environmental law, and utilizes her engineering background and extensive knowledge of environmental laws and regulations to navigate technical and regulatory complexities on behalf of her clients.
She counsels clients through complex compliance and liability issues, including site remediation, the Industrial Site Recovery Act, solid and hazardous waste, and surface water and stormwater permitting. She also helps clients secure environmental permits and approvals for development, such as CAFRA and other land use authorizations. Yin has successfully counseled clients on due diligence and transfer of environmental risks in multi-million dollar corporate and real estate transactions, and advises on environmental insurance recovery. She also delivers solutions to clients in complex matters related to contaminants of emerging concern, such as the PFAS family of chemicals.
Yin started her legal career as a Deputy Attorney General in the NJ Office of the Attorney General representing the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP). She successfully litigated enforcement actions on behalf of the State, and has extensive insight into cost recovery, contribution, and natural resource damages suits. Her litigation experience includes cases in the trial and appellate courts, and the Office of Administrative Law. Using her experience as counsel to DEP, Yin develops successful strategies to challenge or defend against agency actions on behalf of her clients.
As a Deputy Attorney General, she was DEP’s lead counsel on solar matters, advising the State on solar projects located on brownfields, landfills, and historic fill. Her practice includes counseling clients on renewable energy projects.
Yin’s passion for environmental work began as an environmental engineering student, with projects that ranged from sustainable energy to vertical farming. Yin also enjoys hiking, traveling, and trips to the beach, and resides in Mercer County.
News & Speaking Engagements
- February 26, 2020 | 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.SNJDC
- January 23, 2020
- Parker McCay Attorneys to Present CLEs at NJLM Conference, Nov 19-21November 19 - 21, 2019New Jersey League of Municipalities
- October 24, 2019
- Brownfield Redevelopment in the Highlands – How Your Community Can BenefitMay 14, 2019 | 8:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- March 18, 2019
- Parker McCay Blog, May 1, 2020
- Parker McCay Blog, March 27, 2020
- Parker McCay Blog, February 28, 2020
- Parker McCay Blog, October 24, 2019
- Parker McCay Blog, August 27, 2019
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2012
- Columbia University, B.S. in Earth and Environmental Engineering, 2008
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey