Andrew tries to resolve problems through a collaborative process, one where the different sides work together with mutual respect to hopefully reach a desirable solution. But he is not afraid to take it up a notch and do what it takes to vigorously defend his clients against unreasonable and unacceptable positions.
Education and discipline shape much of his philosophy. As the grandson of a dean of Jilin University who educated future national leaders and a retired Chinese Nationalist Party army general who fought invading armies, Andrew brings a unique perspective to his practice in the area of School Law.
With nearly twenty years of experience in litigation, Andrew has represented a diverse group of clients, ranging from private individuals and companies (including a Fortune 500 national retailer) to public and governmental entities, authorities, and employees, as well as New Jersey school districts and their administrators, staff and employees, in the state, federal and administrative courts. In that time, Andrew has handled a wide range of legal matters, including negligence claims (motor vehicle liability, defective products liability, dangerous conditions of residential/commercial premises, and police and governmental liability), civil rights and unlawful discrimination/employment claims, public and private contract cases, and construction defect and delay claims.
Whether representing them in negligence and tort claims (from premise liability to sexual harassment), special education, anti-harassment, intimidation and bullying (HIB), public employment, public contracting/bids and school construction, and OPRA matters, or giving proactive advice to protect the legal rights or managerial prerogatives of school districts, Andrew is keenly aware of the regulatory, fiscal and administrative constraints under which boards of education operate. Efficient and effective legal services and thoughtful counsel, responsive to the specialized needs of local boards of education, are the hallmark of Andrew’s approach to the practice of school law.
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Asian Pacific American Lawyers Association of New Jersey
- Raritan Valley Chinese School, Vice-Principal (2010-2011), Principal (2011-2013)
- Lebanon Township Recreation Committee, Chairperson and Member (2012 - 2015)
- National Association of Consumer Advocates, Co-State Chair for New Jersey (2015)
News & Speaking Engagements
- Part II: EmploymentJanuary 24, 2017 | 9:00 a.m. - NoonNew Jersey School Administrators Education and Research Foundation
- Legal Workshop for School AdministratorsMansfield, Springfield & Delanco Administrators Summer RetreatJuly 20, 2016 | 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Parker McCay Blog, February 23, 2017
- Parker McCay Blog, November 30, 2016
- Parker McCay Blog, August 23, 2016
- Parker McCay Blog, July 29, 2016