Christopher Sullivan is a business and transactions attorney with a concentration in commercial real estate (acquisitions, divestitures, leasing), project finance (development, structuring, lending/borrowing) and corporate law (including counseling businesses as outside general counsel). Chris takes great pride in finding practical and efficient solutions to the complex challenges facing his clients which include commercial real estate developers, commercial lending institutions, governmental entities, non-profits, and businesses ranging from individuals to middle-market and national companies.
Chris lives in Haddon Township, New Jersey with his wife and two children. He frequently serves as a child advocate through the Philadelphia-based Support Center for Child Advocates.
Honors & Awards
- First Judicial District of Pennsylvania Pro Bono Roll of Honor (Member - 2015, 2017)
- St. Joseph's University Real Estate and Law Alumni Association
- Penn State University Alumni Association
- Cape May County Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- Represented lender in an approximately $2 million business expansion loan.
- Represented underwriter in an approximately $70 million public bond issue.
- Represented local government lender in facilitating loan documents relating to affordable housing projects.
Commercial Real Estate
- Represented commercial real estate developer in the negotiation and acquisition of a property.
- Represented gaming industry landlord in the negotiation, drafting and enforcement of various retail leases.
- Represented national company in negotiating commercial office space leases in multiple U.S. markets.
Outside Corporate Counsel
- Continuous representation of national and regional companies as outside general counsel.
- October 2018
Acted as borrower’s counsel to a leading, national affordable housing provider in connection with a multi-tiered financing transaction consisting of three (3) lending sources and the utilization of low income housing tax credits.
News & Speaking Engagements
- Due Diligence Issues in Commercial Real Estate Transactions Part III: Clearing Tax Sale Certificates from TitleParker McCay Blog, November 11, 2019
- Due Diligence Issues in Commercial Real Estate Transactions, Part II: Impacts of a Tax Sale Certificate on Property OwnershipParker McCay Blog, September 30, 2019
- Due Diligence Issues in Commercial Real Estate Transactions, Part I: Acquisition of a Tax Sale CertificateParker McCay Blog, August 22, 2019
- Parker McCay Blog, July 11, 2019
- Parker McCay Blog, May 24, 2019
- Parker McCay Blog, April 16, 2019
- Parker McCay Blog, February 27, 2019