Elyse grew up in a construction family and has been in and around construction sites her whole life. At 15 she convinced her mother to let her take a summer job helping run the exterior lift on an eight story building her father’s company was constructing. Her passion for construction was solidified that summer. After college she worked as a project manager for a large-scale general contractor and soon realized she had a knack for negotiating disputes in the field, and claims as they arose in the office. Seeing that construction law may make the best use of her talent, while still allowing her to follow her passion for construction, she went to law school. Today, Elyse uses the unique insights she gained from her background in construction to bring real world solutions to her construction clients.
Representing both public and private entities, Elyse assists clients with all facets of the construction industry, including preconstruction phase planning, specification, bid and contract drafting. She is able to draw from her deep understanding of construction in order to provide timely and efficient advice on the broad spectrum of issues that arise from project inception to closeout. She aggressively handles litigation construction and design defects, project impact and delay claims, acceleration claims, design malpractice and labor disputes. Elyse also has an expertise in claims and issues relating to the design, construction and functioning of energy efficiency systems including, but not limited to, solar panels, integrated district wide control systems, and complex heating/boiler systems.
She routinely represents her clients in state and federal courts, administrative boards, mediation and arbitration. Her working knowledge of the business side of the construction industry gives her particular insight into the most efficient, cost conscious and effective resolutions for her clients, whether through litigation or alternative dispute resolution. She provides counsel not just when issues arise, but gives proactive advice geared toward avoiding litigation and claim disputes altogether.
Prior to joining Parker McCay, Elyse was an attorney at a large Philadelphia based firm and represented owners, architects, construction managers, general contractors and subcontractors in a wide array of construction matters.
Elyse resides in Haddonfield, New Jersey with her husband and their two children where she is active in the community and schools.
- Camden County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- General Building Contractors Association, Member
- Markeim Art Center (Board of Directors)
- Zone PTA President, Haddonfield School District
- Commissioner, Haddonfield Shade Tree Commission
- Represented both contractors and owners in numerous arbitrations and mediations to successful resolution.
- Fought for and obtained insurance coverage for a general contractor, avoiding personal liability for a multi-million dollar claim.
- Counseled business clients on the most cost effective resolutions to the issues with which they were faced.
- May 2016
The Construction Team successfully defended a bid challenge to the new $48 million university building.
News & Speaking Engagements
- Annual Construction CLEJanuary 24, 2017 | 4:30 p.m.- 6:45 p.m.Burlington County Bar Association
- Strengthen Your Construction Contract Knowledge With This Essential GuideDecember 6, 2016 | 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.National Business Institute
- Luncheon Seminar for School AdministratorsSeptember 28, 2016 | 11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.Parker McCay
"Why Mentorship May Be The Key In Raising The Next Generation of Women In Construction"
Construction Today, Spring 2016
- Parker McCay Blog, March 21, 2014
- Villanova School of Law (J.D., 2001)
- Villanova University (B.A., Political Science, 1998)
- Moot Court Board
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania