John Rigden is a tenacious advocate who represents his clients with gusto. With an understanding that lawsuits involve people and their reputations in the community, John takes pride in building relationships with his clients, instilling confidence and providing reassuring guidance. He strives to defend a person rather than simply making an argument. To him, that is what being a lawyer is all about.
John focuses his practice solely on the defense of New Jersey hospitals and healthcare practitioners as both lead trial counsel and in the appellate courts. He litigates and advises in a wide variety of subjects including medical malpractice, intentional torts, premises liability, contracts and regulatory and licensing matters. He takes pride in his ability to evaluate and come to efficient solutions in these areas.
As a Florida native, John spends his leisure time playing golf and rooting for his alma mater, the Florida State Seminoles. John also loves spending time outdoors with his wife and son in Southern New Jersey.
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- National Order of Scribes
- South Jersey Legal Service Domestic Violence Project, Burlington County (Volunteer Counsel)
- Law clerk for the Honorable Bruce E. Kasold in the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims in Washington, D.C., a court of national jurisdiction for veterans' matters
- Barry University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2009)
- Lead Articles Editor, Barry Law Review
- Highest July 2009 FL Bar Score from Barry University School of Law
- Moot Court Newcomer of the Year, 2008
- Vice Chief Justice, Moot Court Honors Board
- Florida State University (B.A., Music, cum laude, 2006)
- New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey