Jose A. Calves concentrates his practice in all areas of governmental representation. He advises public entities in municipal law, the Open Public Meetings Act, the Open Public Records Act, land use law, redevelopment issues, abandoned and vacant property mitigation, and the daily operations of local government. Jose also represents local governments in civil litigation in both State and Federal Court, defending public entities in civil rights cases, contract disputes, tort claims, election disputes, and in challenges to governmental actions.
Prior to joining the firm, José clerked for the Honorable Marie E. Lihotz P.J.A.D. He also interned for the General Counsel of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the New Jersey Department of Law and Public Safety, and the Governor's Counsel.
- Camden County Bar Association
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Hispanic Bar Association of New Jersey - Trustee
- Hispanic National Bar Associate
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Rowan University Alumni Board of Directors
- Planning and Zoning Board Member, Haddon Township, N.J.
News & Speaking Engagements
- José Calves to Participate in Panel DiscussionJanuary 26, 2019 | 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- June 1, 2018
- February 13, 2018 | 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.Hispanic Bar Association
- Parker McCay Blog, March 13, 2018
- Served as judicial law clerk for the Hon. Marie E. Lihotz, P.J.A.D. (Ret.) in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division
- The George Washington University Law School (J.D., 2016)
- Rowan University (B.A., History; B.A., Secondary Education, 2012)
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey