As a lifelong resident of Burlington County, Katelyn McElmoyl concentrates her practice in the areas of municipal law and government relations in the communities where she grew up. Much like the field of municipal law, Katelyn’s interests and legal experience cut across several disciplines. She has successfully defended municipal entities and local government employees in tort lawsuits and is well-versed in litigating constitutional-based claims. Katelyn also has experience with Municipal Land Use Law, Local Public Contracts Law, Open Public Meetings Act, and the Open Public Records Act, and regularly advises clients on these aspects of local government practice.
She currently serves in an assistant solicitor capacity to several South Jersey local governing bodies and is experienced in representing and advising municipal utilities authorities and improvement authorities. While defending municipalities in tax appeal cases at the County and Tax Court levels, Katelyn has negotiated dozens of favorable outcomes for local towns. Other notable experience involves litigation falling under the jurisdiction of the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities and Government Records Council.
In addition to being recognized for outstanding work during law school, she has recently been selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in Government Relations. Katelyn enjoys the variety that municipal law brings and takes pride in serving the local communities that helped to shape her upbringing and career as an attorney.
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Pennsylvania State Bar Association
- Burlington County Bar Association
New Jersey Institute of Local Government Attorneys: Trustee
TCNJ Criminology Alumni: Board Member
- September 6, 2018
In a precedential opinion, the Third Circuit ruled that the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection erred in issuing permits for a natural gas compressor station without providing opposing parties with the opportunity to participate in hearings before an administrative law judge.
News & Speaking Engagements
- December 5, 2018
- Parker McCay Attorneys to Present CLEs at NJLM Conference, Nov 13-15November 13 - 15, 2018New Jersey League of Municipalities
- A panel discussion/presentation about ethical conduct in the property tax professionNovember 15, 2016 | 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.New Jersey State League of Municipalities Conference
- Katelyn McElmoyl Named Trustee for the NJ Institute of Local Government AttorneysOctober 2015