Upon earning her undergraduate degree from Notre Dame, Kathleen O’Brien began her career as a legal assistant with a large New York law firm. As a critical thinker and avid reader, the work experience ignited an interest in the combination of law and business. She pursued a law degree and now concentrates her practice in corporate law.
Kathleen has experience assisting both public and private companies with corporate formation, governance, compliance and financing. Kathleen counsels clients on transactional matters including securities, mergers and acquisitions. She has experience advising public companies in complying with their obligations under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including preparation of annual, quarterly, and current reports, and proxy statements. She also has experience preparing and negotiating stock purchase agreements, asset purchase agreements and financing agreements.
Prior to joining the firm, Kathleen was an associate at a Princeton law firm.
Kathleen is an avid runner and ten-time marathon finisher. She resides in Philadelphia and enjoys cheering the Irish onward to victory.
Honors & Awards
Zaretsky Fellowship for outstanding academic achievement in commercial and bankruptcy law (Brooklyn Law School, 2011)
- New Jersey Bar Association
- July 2016
Effectively brought complex transaction to a close by drawing on a broad range of skills and experience from multiple practice areas.
- Parker McCay Blog, September 12, 2017
- Parker McCay Blog, June 23, 2017
- Law clerk to the Honorable Mary C. Jacobson, Assignment Judge Superior Court, Mercer Vicinage
- Brooklyn Law School (J.D., 2012)
- Certificate in Business Law
- Notes and Comments Editor of the Journal of Law and Policy
- University of Notre Dame (B.A., Political Science, 2007)
- New Jersey