Kathleen O’Brien began her career as a legal assistant with a large New York law firm. As a critical thinker, the work experience ignited an interest in the combination of law and business.
As a result, Kathleen focuses her practice in the area of corporate law. She counsels private corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and non-profits in matters of governance, compliance, entity formation and dissolution, securities and tax. She represents clients negotiating commercial contracts, asset and stock purchase agreements, 1031 exchanges, and commercial real estate sales and financings.
Kathleen is an avid runner and twelve-time marathon finisher. She resides in Philadelphia and enjoys cheering the Irish onward to victory.
Honors & Awards
Zaretsky Fellowship for outstanding academic achievement in commercial and bankruptcy law (Brooklyn Law School, 2011)
- New Jersey Bar Association
- New Jersey Red Cross, Board Member
- July 2016
Effectively brought complex transaction to a close by drawing on a broad range of skills and experience from multiple practice areas.
- Parker McCay Blog, July 13, 2018
- Parker McCay Blog, June 8, 2018
- Parker McCay Blog, May 11, 2018
- Parker McCay Blog, March 19, 2018
- Parker McCay Blog, January 24, 2018
- Parker McCay Blog, January 9, 2018
- Parker McCay Blog, September 12, 2017
- Parker McCay Blog, June 23, 2017
- Law clerk to the Honorable Mary C. Jacobson, Assignment Judge Superior Court, Mercer Vicinage
- Brooklyn Law School (J.D., 2012)
- Certificate in Business Law
- Notes and Comments Editor of the Journal of Law and Policy
- University of Notre Dame (B.A., Political Science, 2007)
- New Jersey