Malpractice suits are an unfortunate risk of being in the medical profession. It is not surprising that many healthcare providers are devastated when named in a suit. Lora Foley has dedicated her career to helping medical providers successfully navigate through this daunting and often unfamiliar process. Lora believes that the best results come from understanding not only the medicine involved in the suit, but also the impact of the suit on her clients. As such, she works closely with her clients to develop an aggressive strategy for success.
Over the years, Lora has successfully represented a number of healthcare facilities and providers in a wide range of medical specialties including cardiology, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, emergency medicine, family medicine, anesthesia, dentistry, psychiatry, plastic surgery, nursing, and physical therapy. As a result, Lora has obtained significant trial experience. She has also successfully represented a number of physicians in Board of Medical Examiners matters. Additionally, Lora has gained detailed knowledge of the inner workings of healthcare institutions. This experience gives her the ability to provide counseling in such specialties as risk management, quality assurance, and pre-suit adverse occurrence management to her institutional clients. She also frequently provides educational lectures to health care facility staff members and employees on topics related to medical legal issues.
After gaining considerable litigation experience at other area law firms, Lora joined Parker McCay as an Associate in 1995. She was promoted to Counsel in 2004 and Shareholder in 2008. She was the first woman elected to serve on the firm’s Executive Committee and has served on various other firm committees including the Associates Committee, Accounts Receivable Committee, Hiring Committee, and IT Committee.
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Society of Healthcare Risk Managers of New Jersey
Successfully defends professional malpractice suits for hospitals and related facilities, doctors, nurses, physical therapists, and other medical providers
News & Speaking Engagements
- December 6, 2018
- Lora Foley and Sandra Kroll to Speak at New Jersey State Bar EventFebruary 21, 2015 | 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.New Jersey State Bar Association (NJSBA)
- Tulane Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1994)
- Founding member and senior articles editor of the Tulane Journal of International and Comparative Law
- Gettysburg College (B.A., History, cum laude, 1991)
- Recipient of the Presidential Scholarship
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey