Michael Herbert concentrates his practice in the areas of municipal law and land use law and related civil litigation in State and Federal Courts. He represents numerous public and private entities in central New Jersey and beyond.
Prior to joining Parker McCay, Mike was a partner in a Mercer County general civil litigation firm engaged in local government law, commercial litigation, labor and employment law, land use law, bankruptcy/corporate law and municipal court practice.
Michael is a second-generation government and land use attorney, following in his father's footsteps in representing government and private clients in the areas of state, county, and local government entities in bankruptcy and civil rights litigation, as well as representing various religious and other non-profits. Michael prides himself in guiding his clients through the complicated world of government law including the fast-growing world of affordable housing.
Michael currently represents the Mercer County Freeholder, West Windsor Township, Plainsboro Township, Ewing Township Planning Board, Marlboro Planning Board, Robbinsville Zoning Board, and the East Brunswick Housing Authority. He is special counsel to Ewing Township and Robbinsville Township. Michael also serves as assistant counsel to the Diocese of Trenton and the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association.
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Municipal Law and Land Use Sections Board of Directors
- Mercer County Bar Association
- Association of Local Government Attorneys
- League of Municipalities
- National Business Institute, Legal Education Faculty
- Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton, Board of Trustees
- Catholic Charities, Mercer Board Member
- Mount Carmel Guild Board of Directors (Past President)
- Parker McCay Land Use Attorneys Successfully Sought Bulk Variances and Design Waivers for Their Warehouse Industry ClientApril 5, 2021
Land use attorneys successfully argued for approval of variances and waivers before the planning board.
News & Speaking Engagements
- Seton Hall School of Law (J.D., 1991)
- Rider University (B.A., History, 1988)
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit