Over the course of his extended practice, Ron Morgan has served as the solicitor for numerous municipalities and planning, zoning and joint land use boards throughout New Jersey. His practice areas include:
- Commercial, industrial and residential real estate
- Zoning, planning and land use
- Complex affordable housing compliance and exclusionary zoning litigation under the Mount Laurel doctrine on behalf of both municipalities and developers
- Redevelopment and rehabilitation under the Local Redevelopment and Housing Law
- Complex prerogative writ litigation
- Brownfields development and redevelopment on behalf of local governments, developers and property owners
- Federal and state environmental regulation
- Tax appeals
- Municipal law
- Telecommunications law and securing development approvals for new towers and telecommunications facilities
- Commercial and residential real estate financing and construction on behalf of institution lenders and developers
Ron is one of New Jersey’s few attorneys that specialize in affordable housing compliance under the Mount Laurel doctrine, the Federal Fair Housing Act (FFHA), the New Jersey Fair Housing Act (FHA) and the regulations promulgated by the New Jersey Council on Affordable Housing (COAH). As such, he is frequently appointed as Special Affordable Housing Counsel by municipalities.
He is a frequent guest lecturer and seminar panelist on such topics as land use; affordable housing compliance; local, regional and state planning; sewer and water infrastructure; brownfields development and redevelopment; and residential and commercial real estate development. In December 2013 he gave a seminar to Burlington County Bar Association on Affordable Housing and acted as moderator for a seminar on Affordable Housing for the New Jersey Bar Association. He has also published numerous articles on innovative land use planning.
- New Jersey Bar Association (Land Use, Environmental, Real Estate and Banking Law Sections )
- Secured thousands of complicated subdivision, site plan, general development plan, planned unit development and telecommunications approvals on behalf of the firm’s clients.
- Handled intricate class action exclusionary zoning litigation on behalf of developers, property owners and the protected class in the Law and Appellate Divisions of the Superior Court and the New Jersey Supreme Court.
- Assisted in the preparation of numerous Master Plans, land use ordinances and affordable housing Fair Share Plans.
- Parker McCay Blog, January 25, 2017