William “Bill” Morlok has built a career around advocacy and litigation. Bill concentrates his practice in the area of Public Schools and Education. He assists school districts in navigating a wide-range of legal issues, including litigation filed by students, parents, and employees. Bill litigates matters involving special education, employment disputes, school board ethics, discrimination, HIB (bullying), unfunded mandates, and the Open Public Records Act. He regularly appears in the District Court of New Jersey, the New Jersey Superior Court, the Public Employment Relations Commission, and the Office of Administrative Law.
He is licensed to practice law in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey and has also been certified as both an arbitrator and mediator. Bill received his law degree from Rutgers University School of Law - Camden and his Bachelor’s Degree from The Pennsylvania State University in Labor Studies and Employment Relations, with a minor in Dispute Resolution. In 2009 he was the recipient of the Rutgers Pro Bono Award for Significant Service and the James J. Manderino Award for Trial Advocacy from Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association.
Bill takes great pride in his work and is always available to speak to a client or someone seeking legal counsel. Bill is a lifelong resident of Philadelphia, where he resides with his wife, son, and pit bull rescue dog. When not at work, you are most likely to find Bill cooking, watching Philadelphia sports teams, playing tennis, or visiting his family’s cabin from the early 1900’s in Elverson, PA.
Honors & Awards
- James J. Manderino Award presented by the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association; representing Rutgers School of Law – Camden as the top graduate in the area of trial advocacy
- Pro Bono Award for volunteering in the Domestic Violence Clinic
Burlington County Bar Association
Aspen Grove School: COVID-19 Advisory Group
News & Speaking Engagements
- July 1, 2021
- This is Going to Cost Money: Chapter 44 and Compensatory EducationMay 12, 2021 | 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Defending Litigation with TechnologyJanuary 30, 2020 | 2:45 p.m.New Jersey Association of School Administrators
- "Practical Considerations for Effective School Safety Plans - Funding SecurityJune 7, 2019 | 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 a.m.New Jersey School Boards Association
- Discipline and Special Education Students: How to Discipline a Student with an IEPMay 13, 2019 | 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.New Jersey School Boards Association
- February 11, 2019
- Complex Litigation Center: Assigned to the Honorable Ricardo C. Jackson, handling civil and criminal matters in the Court of Common Pleas of Philadelphia.
- Law Clerk to the Honorable David E. Krell, J.S.C.: Assigned to criminal and family divisions.
- Rutgers University School of Law – Camden (J.D. 2009)
- The Pennsylvania State University, University Park (B.S., Labor Industrial Relations 2005)
- New Jersey
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey