Our attorneys represent both public and private entities with complex affordable housing issues. Our experience includes affordable housing compliance under the New Jersey Council on Affordable Housing (COAH) regulations and assistance in preparation of Fair Share Plans, as well as complicated plaintiff's builder's remedy litigation under the Mount Laurel Doctrine and the Fair Housing Act on behalf of residential developers.
Our attorneys have served as special affordable housing counsel for numerous municipalities, in addition to representing private builders and developers with regard to affordable housing issues.
We handle intricate class action exclusionary zoning litigation on behalf of developers, property owners and the protected class in the Law and Appellate Division of the Superior Court and the New Jersey Supreme Court.
We also represent affordable housing developers in connection with complex Low Income Housing Tax Credit projects from site acquisition, through construction and permanent financing.
- The group is currently guiding municipalities in several counties through the process of certification of their Third Round Fair Share Plans before the Superior Court of New Jersey.
- The group is currently representing developers that are participating in the court review of municipal affordable housing plans.
- We have successfully litigated builders remedy lawsuits throughout New Jersey resulting in the construction of numerous affordable and market rate housing units.
- We have facilitated the financing and New Jersey Housing Mortgage Finance Agency ("NJHMFA") approval for Low Income Housing Tax Credit projects for a national affordable housing developer, including coordination with syndication investors, local and county governments, and private lenders.
- Parker McCay Blog, January 25, 2017
- Parker McCay Blog, July 7, 2013