The corporate department leverages years of experience to develop innovative solutions for our clients’ individual needs and to guide our clients with practical advice in an ever-changing business environment. By maintaining close client relationships and ensuring attention to detail, we strive to provide responsive advice and thorough legal services for every stage of a company’s corporate development. We partner with our clients to “make it happen” even when handling the most complicated projects by considering every possible opportunity available under the law. Our corporate attorneys recognize that legal issues are only one component of any business decision. We serve the diversified demands of any size business including initial business entity planning; corporate formation; organization and governance; shareholder agreements and customer contracts; and major corporate mergers and acquisitions involving complex transactional issues.
Our attorneys have the experience to guide your company through the various stages of its corporate life cycle. When special expertise is required, our corporate attorneys may consult with attorneys in related practice areas throughout the firm to ensure our clients receive comprehensive advice.
The firm’s business clients include small, family-owned businesses; large, multinational corporations; limited liability companies; partnerships, and nonprofit organizations. They span all major industry groups including manufacturing, technology, defense, public utility, banking, insurance, construction, healthcare, automotive, and agriculture.
Our corporate services include:
- General business advice, guidance, and representation.
- Business formation, including corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and non-profits.
- Preparation and review of formation and governance documents, including by-laws, corporate resolutions, and shareholder agreements.
- Counsel related to the resolution of business disputes and disputes among principals of closely held companies.
- Trademark registration, protection, and licensing.
- Real Estate and Redevelopment related issues, including purchase and sale agreements, leases, and tax credit purchase agreements.
- Advice related to Sweepstakes and Prize Promotions and marketing of your business.
- Drafting, review, and negotiation of contracts and other commercial agreements, including customer and vendor transactions and licensing agreements.
- Corporate transactions such as purchases, sales, and other transfers of businesses interests as well as asset purchases, stock purchases, and mergers.
- Labor and Employment issues, including employment agreements and restrictive covenants.
- Credit and Commercial Transactions, including borrowing and lending transactions with banks and private lenders.
- July 2016
Effectively brought complex transaction to a close by drawing on a broad range of skills and experience from multiple practice areas.
- May 16, 2018
- April 11, 2018
- Corporate Department Chair, Mariel Giletto to give CLEDecember 18, 2017 | 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.National Business Institute (NBI)
- Mariel Giletto presents NBI CLE on Negotiation StrategiesAugust 9, 2016 | 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.National Business Institute (NBI) Continuing Legal Education for Professionals
- Parker McCay Blog, May 14, 2018
- Parker McCay Blog, May 11, 2018
- Parker McCay Blog, April 10, 2018
- Parker McCay Blog, March 19, 2018
- Indemnify, Hold Harmless, and Defend: Duplicative, Repetitive, and Redundant or Separate, Distinct, and Necessary? The Importance of Careful Drafting of Indemnification ProvisionsParker McCay Blog, March 5, 2018
- Parker McCay Blog, January 24, 2018
- Parker McCay Blog, January 9, 2018
- Parker McCay Blog, September 12, 2017
- Parker McCay Blog, June 23, 2017
- Parker McCay Blog, October 17, 2016
- Parker McCay Blog, December 22, 2015
- Parker McCay Blog, December 16, 2014