Our Medical Malpractice group comprises trial attorneys specializing in the defense of professional malpractice suits for hospitals, healthcare facilities and individual medical providers. Attorneys in this group also handle healthcare facility general liability matters.
We have successfully defended hospitals and related facilities, physicians and nurses, and other medical providers against malpractice claims in a wide range of specialties including but not limited to cardiology, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, emergency medicine, family medicine, anesthesia, dentistry, psychiatry, nursing and physical therapy.
Attorneys in this group also counsel their clients on various issues related to risk management, quality assurance, regulatory compliance, pre-suit adverse occurrence management, and Patient Safety Act and HIPAA compliance to assist in promoting patient safety, improving patient outcomes and decreasing litigation exposure.
As part of a full service firm, our attorneys in this group have the resources to provide additional services including premises liability and employment legal services. As a result, our attorneys are frequently asked to lecture clients, physician and nursing organizations and other lawyers about legal and regulatory developments.
- Carolyn Sleeper -- Panelist at NJICLE Civil Trial Advocacy Summer Institute 2016July 11-12, 2016 | 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
- Jarad Silverstein -- Burlington County Bar Association CLEMarch 31, 2016 | 4:30 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.Burlington County Bar Association
- Jarad Silverstein to Present CLE on Civil Trial PracticeMarch 19, 2015 | 4:30 p.m.- 6:45 p.m.Burlington County Bar Association’s Young Lawyer Committee
- Parker McCay Blog, February 17, 2015
- Parker McCay Blog, January 15, 2015
- Parker McCay Blog, October 1, 2013
- Parker McCay Blog, March 4, 2013
Professional Licensing Boards
Professional Licensing Boards
Professional Licensing Boards Defense
Attorneys in our Medical Malpractice group also have indispensable experience representing clients before the New Jersey State Board of Nursing and the New Jersey State Board of Medical Examiners. These Boards are broadly empowered to grant, rescind or restrict the licenses of nurses and physicians. The Boards may respond to inquiries or complaints lodged by patients and/or their families. The Boards may also investigate adverse events reported by institutions and/or medical malpractice settlements.
In these matters, our attorneys guide nurses, physicians and other health care providers through the written inquiry stage as well the investigational hearing, if necessary, before the Board. Legal knowledge and support is imperative for these proceedings. It is our goal to help ensure that health care professionals, who have so tirelessly worked to serve as patient advocates and help save lives, have the unfettered capability to continue to change lives for the better.