Linda Galella has always had a passion for politics and local government. As a result, Linda concentrates her practice in the areas of municipal government, redevelopment, affordable housing, employment, land use/zoning/planning, and government liability.
Linda plays a significant role in a variety of cities and townships throughout New Jersey. She serves as solicitor for Pennsauken Township, Borough of Westville Land Use Board, Mantua Township Land Use Board, Mantua Township Rent Leveling Board, and formerly Hopewell Township. She serves as special redevelopment counsel for the City of Woodbury, Greenwich Township, Borough of Chesilhurst, and the Borough of Clayton. She also serves as conflict solicitor for the Mantua Township Utilities Authority. She has served as a public defender in Mantua Township and a municipal prosecutor in Winslow Township. Since 2005, she has served on the Roster of Civil Division Arbitrators in Gloucester, Cumberland, Salem and Burlington Counties.
Additionally, she serves as Special Counsel for Affordable Housing issues for the Township of Mantua, the City of Brigantine, the Township of Cinnaminson, and the Township of Mount Laurel.
Linda has a wide range of experience defending public entities in sexual harassment lawsuits, discrimination lawsuits, hostile work environment claims, “whistleblower” claims and wrongful termination claims. She has extensive experience defending municipalities in federal and state civil rights claims. She represents clients in state and federal court (including the NJ Appellate Division and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit), the Division of Civil Rights, the EEOC, mediation and arbitration.
Prior to joining Parker McCay, Linda represented a large number of public entities, including civil service municipalities, in all aspects of litigation.
In 2004, she was first elected to the Mantua Township Board of Education. She was reelected to a second term in 2007 and was president for two years. She also served on the Mantua Township Zoning Board of Adjustment for four years. Since 2004, Linda has served as the Parliamentarian of the Mantua Township Democrat Executive Committee. Since 2009, she has served on the Gloucester County Democrat Executive Committee. From 1996-2005, she served on the Board of Directors for the Gloucester County Volunteer Center, a non-profit organization affiliated with Gloucester County College.
Linda lives in Mantua Township, Gloucester County with her husband and two children.
- Gloucester County Bar Association
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce, Board Member (2019 - present)
- Mantua Township Democrats Executive Committee
- Gloucester County Democrats Executive Committee
News & Speaking Engagements
- March 7, 2023
- Linda Galella and Mike Herbert weigh in on what the "Fourth Round" of affordable housing obligations could look like in NJ Municipalities magazineNovember 8, 2022
- May 25, 2022Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce
- December 8, 2021
- November 8, 2021 | 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce
- May 24, 2021 | 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce
- April 7, 2021 | 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce
- February 8, 2021 | 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce
- December 6, 2018
- June 8, 2017Southern New Jersey Development Council
- December 21, 2015
"As Fourth Round of Affordable Housing Obligations Nears, Municipalities Should Plan Accordingly," NJM Magazine, November 2022.
"Mount Laurel -- The 50-Year Success Story on Affordable Housing," NJM Magazine, October 2021.
- Parker McCay Blog, October 1, 2021
- Parker McCay Blog, May 21, 2020
- Parker McCay Blog, January 25, 2017
Opinions and Decisions
Opinions and Decisions
Trafton v City of Woodbury, 799 F.Supp. 2d 417 (D.N.J.2011)
Smith v Twp. of East Greenwich, 519 F.Supp.2d 493 (D.N.J. 2007)
King v County of Gloucester et.al. 483 F.Supp.2d. 396 (D.N.J. 2007)
- Widener University School of Law, J.D. 1992, cum laude
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Phi Delta Phi
- Order of the Barrister
- Moot Court Honor Society
- Saint Joseph’s University, B.A. 1989, International Relations
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit