COVID Programs and Legislation FAQs
By Susan S. Hodges on April 1, 2020
COVID-19 and the Information Age present an interesting combination. Information about the virus, legislation, and programs available to help your business and employees seems to be available everywhere you turn and flooding your inbox. This week alone (and it's only Wednesday), we learned:
- April 3rd: Small businesses and sole proprietors can apply for loans available through the Paycheck Protection Program (“PPP”).
- April 3rd at 9 a.m.: New Jersey Economic Development Authority (“NJEDA”) will launch its application for the Small Business Emergency Assistance Grant Program (“Grant”).
- April 10th: Independent contractors and self-employed individuals can apply for loans available through the PPP.
- April 10th at 9 a.m.: Deadline to submit Grant application.
- July 15th: New Jersey and Pennsylvania have announced a new deadline for filing income tax returns - now July 15th. (Consistent with the Federal Income Tax Return filing deadline.)
Parker McCay has been monitoring the new programs and legislation closely. We are here to be your trusted resource to help you and your business navigate through all the information that seems to keep coming to you. For your convenience, we have prepared this FAQ for you to navigate these programs available from the Federal government and from the State of New Jersey.
Tags: coronavirus, covid-19, Stimulus Package