As a tax attorney with over 30 years of experience, Irving Finkel practices in the area of federal taxation in connection with public finance. His experience in this field is in depth and highly diversified and includes financings for government facilities, exempt facilities and 501(c)(3) financing. Since joining the firm in 1991, Irv has represented conduit borrowers and issuers involved in federal tax controversies regarding tax exempt bonds before the Internal Revenue Service. He has obtained favorable private letter rulings on noteworthy issues, negotiated closing agreements, and initiated VCAP applications.
He serves as a tax consultant to law firms located in New York and Texas acting in the capacity of bond counsel and as counsel to issuers and borrowers in federal tax controversy matters.
Irv has served as a frequent panelist and member of the Steering Committee at the Bond Attorney’s Workshop.
- American Bar Association (Tax Section, Committee on Tax-Exempt Financing)
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Pennsylvania Association of Bond Lawyers
- December 2018
Our Public Finance attorneys acted as Co-Bond Counsel to the Delaware River Port Authority in connection with the issuance of $700,505,000 aggregate principal amount of Revenue Bonds.
News & Speaking Engagements
- Parker McCay Blog, January 16, 2018
- Brooklyn Law School (J.D., 1975)
- New York University School of Law, Graduate Division (Master of Laws in Taxation, 1977)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. Tax Court