Amy Guerin’s versatility as an attorney who can fill multiple roles comes from her early background in public policy as well as years spent as a sole practitioner who focused on all aspects of school and municipal law, labor and employment law and civil rights.
Amy is a seasoned public advocate who has been working with school districts and municipalities for more than a dozen years in capacities such as labor attorney, solicitor/special counsel, policy director, spokesperson and school board member. Her private practice was focused on school law, special education, and labor and employment matters. Prior to opening her firm, Amy practiced law with a suburban Pennsylvania firm that specializes in representing educational entities. Prior to that, she was the Philadelphia School Reform Commission’s first Policy Director where she was responsible for developing policy, supervising outside counsel, overseeing government relations, and managing the Commission’s quasi-judicial duties. In fact, Amy overhauled the Commission’s student expulsion practices and was responsible for two major public policy taskforces on charter school issues.
She has conducted numerous internal investigations into all manners of alleged student and employee misconduct, defended school district and municipal disciplinary decisions, routinely represented school boards and municipalities before both judicial and administrative law bodies, advised on Constitutional issues that impact school operations, and similar work.
She has been a CLE instructor/guest faculty at the Pennsylvania School Solicitors Association and the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, and served for two years on the Burlington Township Board of Education.
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Burlington County Library Foundation (Jan 2015 - present)
- Chair of the Women's Business Forum (2015)
- Chair of the Women in Business Committee, Burlington County Regional Camber of Commerce (Nov 2014 - present)
- Member, Burlington Township BOE (2009-2011)
- Legal Services of New Jersey, pro bono attorney
- Support Center for Child Advocates, volunteer guardian ad litem
News & Speaking Engagements
- What You Need to Know about Compensation, Benefits, and Leave LawsOctober 29, 2021 | 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Keep Your Business Out of Court: Minimizing Your Legal Exposure as Employees Return to WorkSeptember 17, 2021 | 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.Chamber of Commerce of Southern New Jersey
- Technology in the Workplace: Top 10 Issues for School District EmployersJanuary 30, 2020 | 10:30 a.m.New Jersey Association of School Administrators
- June 6, 2019
- Amy R. Guerin and Andrew W. Li to Present at South Jersey Business InstituteOctober 9, 2018 | 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce
- Elizabeth Garcia and Amy Guerin at 2018 Tri-State HRMA ConferenceMay 3, 2018 | 10:30 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.Tri-State HRMA Conference
- The Intersection of OPRA, School Technology and the LawJanuary 26, 2018 | 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.New Jersey Association of School Administrators
- Employment and Labor attorney, Elizabeth Garcia, to host NJBIA WebinarDecember 6, 2017 | 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.NJBIA
- May 19, 2017 | 10:45 a.m.-11:45 a.m.NJASA/NJAPSA Spring Leadership Conference 2017
- Current Cyber Threats and District ResponsesApril 4, 2017 | 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.New Jersey Association of School Administrators
- Complimentary Seminar for the Human Resources ProfessionalMarch 30, 2017 | 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Garcia and Guerin to Present at Tri-State HRMA Legal SymposiumNovember 15, 2016 | 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.Tri-State HRMA
- Legal Workshop for School AdministratorsMansfield, Springfield & Delanco Administrators Summer RetreatJuly 20, 2016 | 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Amy Guerin at the NJASA’s 34th Annual Spring Leadership ConferenceMay 12, 2016 | 1:15 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.New Jersey Association of School Administrators
- Elizabeth Garcia and Amy Guerin at 2016 Tri-State HRMA ConferenceMay 5, 2016 | 1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.Tri-State HRMA Conference
- Amy Guerin - Social Media and First Amendment Rights at NJSBA ProgramApril 2, 2016 and April 16, 2016 | 2:00 p.m.New Jersey School Boards Association
- December 16, 2015
- Parker McCay Blog, February 23, 2017
- Parker McCay Blog, October 14, 2016
- Parker McCay Blog, February 11, 2016
- Temple University Beasley School of Law (J.D., January 2005)
- Boston College (B.A. Political Science, May 1998)
- New Jersey
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and the District of New Jersey