Kevin Sheehan has been helping developers build projects for more than 25 years. As he drives around New Jersey he takes great pride in pointing out a project that provides a home or employment to friends and neighbors.
As a land use attorney, Kevin has represented residential and commercial developers in all aspects of the approval process. He works with teams of clients and professionals to obtain approval for applications to local zoning and planning boards, the Pinelands Commission, the DEP and all other state and local agencies. Successful projects range from large scale subdivisions and single user site plans to a billion dollar mixed use waterfront redevelopment and a several hundred million dollar manufacturing complex.
Kevin represents clients with regard to all aspects of projects seeking GrowNJ and Economic Redevelopment Growth Grant incentives from the NJEDA. He works with clients to prepare applications and counsel them through the approval process, the completion of the project, certification of the project, issuance of tax credits, and the sale of the tax credits to third parties. He has also represented financial institutions that purchase credits allowing businesses to monetize their award upfront. He has worked on projects and obtained approvals that will bring over $1.6 billion in investment and thousands of jobs to Camden.
Kevin also represents residential developers and municipalities throughout New Jersey regarding redevelopment projects. Projects include a mixed-use development that will include housing units, a hotel and retail; an urban project that includes an office building, apartments, a hotel, restaurant and retail; and a regional development project that includes three municipalities.
Kevin has spoken extensively on the Economic Opportunity Act of 2013 and GrowNJ and has been an invited speaker at New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education seminars on land use issues.
Kevin resides in Haddon Heights, New Jersey with his wife and two daughters.
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Past member of Land Use Section Board of Directors; Past Case Summary Editor for Board of Directors)
- Chamber of Commerce of Southern New Jersey (CCSNJ) (Board of Directors)
- Haddonfield/Haddon Heights Interfaith Caregivers (Board of Directors)
- Haddon Heights Neighbors Night Out (Founder)
- Obtained development approvals for a $260 million manufacturing facility and office headquarters and helped obtain Economic Development Authority incentives for the project.
- Obtained development approvals for a new practice facility for a professional sports franchise and helped obtain Economic Development Authority incentives for the project.
- Represented one of the world’s largest retailers with regard to all aspects of development projects in New Jersey.
- Represents several affordable housing developers with all aspects of their business in Southern New Jersey, including contract preparation, development approvals, due diligence review, environmental review, and closing transactions.
- Guides municipalities through the process of redeveloping blighted areas
- December 2018
Represented Client in Leveraging NJ Economic Opportunity Act Incentives for Global Headquarters Relocation to Camden
The Mantua "Route 55 Brownfield Project" was the first project in the country to receive special federal technical assistance for redevelopment planning.
News & Speaking Engagements
- April 25, 2019
- A Panel of Speakers Will Discuss Development in CamdenMay 23, 2018 | 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.NAIOP Philadelphia Chapter
- Camden: An Unprecedented Urban RenaissanceJanuary 27, 2017 | 9:30 a.m.-11 a.m.NJ Planning Conference 2017
- March 9, 2016
- Shareholder Kevin D. Sheehan elected to the Board of Directors, Big Brothers Big Sisters Burlington, Camden & Gloucester CountiesFebruary 19, 2014
- Parker McCay Blog, October 1, 2018
- Parker McCay Blog, January 16, 2018
- Widener University School of Law (J.D., 1990)
- Rowan University (B.S., 1987)
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit