Kevin Sheehan has been helping developers build projects for more than 25 years. As he drives around New Jersey he takes great pride in pointing out a project that provides a home or employment to friends and neighbors. Recently, the Economic Opportunity Act of 2013 has given Kevin a chance to help with the transformation of Camden, the city where he was born.
As a land use attorney, Kevin has represented residential and commercial developers in all aspects of the approval process. He works with teams of clients and professionals to obtain approval for applications to local zoning and planning boards, the Pinelands Commission, the DEP and all other state and local agencies. Successful projects range from large scale subdivisions and single user site plans to a billion dollar mixed use waterfront redevelopment and a several hundred million dollar manufacturing complex.
Kevin represents clients with regard to all aspects of projects seeking GrowNJ and Economic Redevelopment Growth Grant incentives from the NJEDA. He works with clients to prepare applications and counsel them through the approval process, the completion of the project, certification of the project, issuance of tax credits, and the sale of the tax credits to third parties. He has also represented financial institutions that purchase credits allowing businesses to monetize their award upfront. He has worked on projects and obtained approvals that will bring over $1.6 billion in investment and more than 8,000 jobs to Camden.
Kevin also represents residential developers and municipalities throughout New Jersey regarding affordable housing issues. Projects include low and moderate income housing development applications to local planning boards and builders' remedy actions before the Superior Court of New Jersey. He also has extensive experience representing national telecommunications carriers with applications to expand their networks. He represents carriers with applications for state and local approval and has litigated issues related to telecommunications networks before the New Jersey courts.
Kevin has spoken extensively on the Economic Opportunity Act of 2013 and GrowNJ and has been an invited speaker at New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education seminars on land use issues.
Kevin resides in Haddon Heights, New Jersey with his wife and two daughters.
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Past member of Land Use Section Board of Directors; Past Case Summary Editor for Board of Directors)
- Chamber of Commerce of Southern New Jersey (CCSNJ) (Board of Directors)
- Haddonfield/Haddon Heights Interfaith Caregivers (Board of Directors)
- Haddon Heights Neighbors Night Out (Founder)
- Obtained development approvals for a $260 million manufacturing facility and office headquarters and helped obtain Economic Development Authority incentives for the project.
- Obtained development approvals for a new practice facility for a professional sports franchise and helped obtain Economic Development Authority incentives for the project.
- Represents one of the world’s largest retailers with regard to all aspects of development projects in New Jersey.
- Represents a national homebuilder with all aspects of its business in Southern New Jersey, including contract preparation, development approvals, due diligence review, environmental review, homeowners associations, DCA registration, and closing transactions.
- Guides municipalities through the process of certification of their Third Round Fair Share Plans.
The Mantua "Route 55 Brownfield Project" was the first project in the country to receive special federal technical assistance for redevelopment planning.
News & Speaking Engagements
- Camden: An Unprecedented Urban RenaissanceJanuary 27, 2017 | 9:30 a.m.-11 a.m.NJ Planning Conference 2017
- March 9, 2016
- Shareholder Kevin D. Sheehan elected to the Board of Directors, Big Brothers Big Sisters Burlington, Camden & Gloucester CountiesFebruary 19, 2014
- Parker McCay Blog, January 16, 2018
- Widener University School of Law (J.D., 1990)
- Rowan University (B.S., 1987)
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit