Susan Hodges’ master networking skills frequently put her in the right place at the right time. As a sophomore in high school, a babysitting job launched a career in law when her then attorney-employer needed someone to jump in and answer phones at his office. Susan soon discovered a love for law and has been in the field ever since. Her passion for staying in touch has earned her the role of trusted advisor with both her clients and colleagues. She enjoys connecting people and acting as mentor and advocate.
An accomplished legal practitioner, Susan advises in both the public and private sector focusing on the representation of boards of education and private schools in all areas of school law including labor and employment, special education, student discipline, FERPA, HIB, student residency, OPRA and OPMA.
She regularly represents clients in matters in State and Federal Courts and defends school districts in special education hearings from inception through trial. Susan conducts training and seminars for school districts, drafts policies and manuals and provides strategic advice to school administrators regarding school law issues.
Additionally, Susan counsels private clients on all areas of labor and employment law, including reviewing and drafting handbooks, workplace investigations, hiring and termination issues, wage payment and exemption and overtime issues, as well as compliance with State and Federal disability and leave laws. She also regularly advises and represents policyholders pursuing insurance coverage under a broad array of first-party and third-party policies, including Commercial General Liability (CGL), Errors and Omissions (E&O), Directors and Officers Liability (D&O), Business Owners and Commercial Property.
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- School Law Committee Member
- School Law Committee Member
- New Jersey School Boards Association
- Partnership for Haddonfield, Board Chair
- Haddonfield Educational Trust, Board Member
- The Bridge Academy, Board Member
- Rotary Club of Haddonfield, Secretary of the Board (2014-Present)
News & Speaking Engagements
- Mariel Giletto and Susan Hodges to present at the Women's Business WorkshopOctober 19, 2018 | 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m
- September 24, 2018
- February 6, 2018 | 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.New Jersey Association of School Administrators
- The Intersection of OPRA, School Technology and the LawJanuary 26, 2018 | 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.New Jersey Association of School Administrators
- Judicial Clerk for Honorable John B. Mariano, Superior Court, Camden
- Rutgers University School of Law, Camden (J.D. May 1994)
- Lafayette College (B.A. cum laude, Government and Law/English, May 1990
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court