Steven Goodell concentrates his practice in the areas of municipal and land use law, sports law, and litigation in all courts. He serves as a court-appointed special hearing officer for affordable housing cases, general counsel to the state high school athletic association, and represents municipalities and religious entities throughout New Jersey.
He is a frequent speaker on municipal and sports-law issues.
Steve began his legal career at the Mercer County Prosecutor’s Office, where he served as a trial team leader. Prior to joining Parker McCay, Steve was a founding partner in a Mercer County general civil litigation firm engaged in local government law, commercial litigation, labor and employment law, land use law, bankruptcy/corporate law and municipal court practice.
Honors & Awards
2018 recipient of the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association Award of Honor
2019 recipient of the Adam Taliaferro Foundation Award in recognition of his fight to return to practice after a 2016 cycling accident.
- New Jersey Institute of Local Government Attorneys, First Vice President
- New Jersey State League of Municipalities, Amicus Committee
- Isles Inc., former Trustee and Chair
- New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association, General Counsel
- Mercer County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- National Diocesan Attorneys Association
- Parker McCay Blog, May 21, 2020
- University of Texas School of Law (J.D., 1984)
- Bucknell University (B.A. English with Honors, 1980)
- New Jersey
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court