Our public finance attorneys currently serve as bond counsel to more than one hundred governmental entities throughout the state. As a result, Parker McCay is listed as a nationally recognized bond counsel firm in The Bond Buyer’s Municipal Marketplace (the “Red Book”). The Bond Buyer also ranked us 4th Bond Counsel firm in the state of New Jersey for volume of transactions completed in 2018.
Our proven record of success representing governmental entities as bond counsel spans more than 30 years. Transactions for such entities range from general obligation bond issues and lease-purchase transactions for local municipalities, counties and school districts, to revenue and redevelopment financings for local and county utility authorities and county improvement authorities. In addition, we have represented some of the nation’s largest investment banking firms and other financial institutions in New Jersey in transactions totaling up to two and a half billion dollars ($2,500,000,000). The principal amount of transactions in which we have served as bond counsel have ranged from less than one million dollars ($1,000,000) to in excess of one and a half billion dollars ($1,500,000,000).
Each of our public finance attorneys has been extensively involved in the practice of public finance for many years. In particular, the firm's activities in public finance and federal and state income taxation are extensive and include serving in the capacities of bond counsel, underwriter's counsel, special tax counsel, counsel to underlying borrowers and trustee's counsel in connection with financings for numerous state, local governments, authorities and agencies.
The firm has also participated in tax-exempt bond financings of both for-profit and non-profit healthcare facilities through the New Jersey Economic Development Authority, the New Jersey Health Care Facilities Financing Authority, county improvement authorities and conventional lenders.
The firm earned The Bond Buyer’s National Healthcare Financing "Deal of the Year" award for 2013 for its representation, as bond counsel, to The Camden County Improvement Authority in connection with the largest higher education merger in U.S. history, which representation included the issuance of lease revenue refunding bonds on behalf of Rowan University.
- December 2018
Represented Client in Leveraging NJ Economic Opportunity Act Incentives for Global Headquarters Relocation to Camden
- December 2018
Our Public Finance attorneys acted as Co-Bond Counsel to the Delaware River Port Authority in connection with the issuance of $700,505,000 aggregate principal amount of Revenue Bonds.
- October 2018
Acted as borrower’s counsel to a leading, national affordable housing provider in connection with a multi-tiered financing transaction consisting of three (3) lending sources and the utilization of low income housing tax credits.
- April 1, 2018
In a series of three transactions, Parker McCay represented a global investment banking firm in connection with the issuance by the City of Atlantic City of over $186,000,000 aggregate principal amount of Tax Appeal and Deferred Obligation Refunding Bonds
- Parker McCay Provides Counsel to Underwriter in Connection with Milestone New Bond Issuance for Atlantic CityJune 2017
Marks a significant milestone for the future financial stability of the Atlantic City
- January 11, 2021
- October 24, 2019
- September 13, 2019
- March 4, 2019
- October 15, 2018
- SNJDC Economic Development SeminarSeptember 18, 2018 | 8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.Southern New Jersey Development Council
- August 25, 2017
- 2017 Annual Spring Conference Panel DiscussionApril 27, 2017 | 1:45 p.m.- 3 p.m.New Jersey Conference of Mayors
- Luncheon Seminar for School AdministratorsSeptember 28, 2016 | 11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.Parker McCay
- Utility Sale – Is it Right for your Town?Shareholder Jeff Winitsky, part of a panel discussion focused on the sale and privatization of water utility systems in New JerseyJune 10, 2016Institute for Professional Development
- Alexis Batten to Present CLE SeminarFebruary 19, 2014Cape May County Bar Association
- Parker McCay Blog, August 13, 2020
- Parker McCay Blog, March 20, 2020
- Parker McCay Blog, August 28, 2019
- Update: Governor Signs Clean Stormwater and Flood Reduction Act into Law Paving the Way for Stormwater UtilitiesParker McCay Blog, May 3, 2019
- Parker McCay Blog, April 16, 2019
- Parker McCay Blog, February 27, 2019
- Parker McCay Blog, February 19, 2019
- Parker McCay Blog, January 24, 2019
- Parker McCay Blog, January 17, 2019
- Parker McCay Blog, November 9, 2018
- Parker McCay Blog, August 20, 2018
- Parker McCay Blog, August 16, 2018
- Parker McCay Blog, June 19, 2018
- Parker McCay Blog, June 13, 2018
- Parker McCay Blog, August 9, 2017
- Parker McCay Blog, January 11, 2017
- Parker McCay Blog, June 14, 2016
- Parker McCay Blog, September 30, 2015
- Parker McCay Blog, June 2, 2015
- Parker McCay Blog, August 12, 2013