Our public finance attorneys currently serve as bond counsel to more than one hundred governmental entities throughout the state. As a result, Parker McCay is listed as a nationally recognized bond counsel firm in The Bond Buyer’s Municipal Marketplace (the “Red Book”). The Bond Buyer also ranked us 4th Bond Counsel firm in the state of New Jersey for volume of transactions completed in 2018.
Our proven record of success representing governmental entities as bond counsel spans more than 30 years. Transactions for such entities range from general obligation bond issues and lease-purchase transactions for local municipalities, counties and school districts, to revenue and redevelopment financings for local and county utility authorities and county improvement authorities. In addition, we have represented some of the nation’s largest investment banking firms and other financial institutions in New Jersey in transactions totaling up to two and a half billion dollars ($2,500,000,000). The principal amount of transactions in which we have served as bond counsel have ranged from less than one million dollars ($1,000,000) to in excess of one and a half billion dollars ($1,500,000,000).
Each of our public finance attorneys has been extensively involved in the practice of public finance for many years. In particular, the firm's activities in public finance and federal and state income taxation are extensive and include serving in the capacities of bond counsel, underwriter's counsel, special tax counsel, counsel to underlying borrowers and trustee's counsel in connection with financings for numerous state, local governments, authorities and agencies.
The firm has also participated in tax-exempt bond financings of both for-profit and non-profit healthcare facilities through the New Jersey Economic Development Authority, the New Jersey Health Care Facilities Financing Authority, county improvement authorities and conventional lenders.
The firm earned The Bond Buyer’s National Healthcare Financing "Deal of the Year" award for 2013 for its representation, as bond counsel, to The Camden County Improvement Authority in connection with the largest higher education merger in U.S. history, which representation included the issuance of lease revenue refunding bonds on behalf of Rowan University.
- December 2018
Represented Client in Leveraging NJ Economic Opportunity Act Incentives for Global Headquarters Relocation to Camden
- December 2018
Our Public Finance attorneys acted as Co-Bond Counsel to the Delaware River Port Authority in connection with the issuance of $700,505,000 aggregate principal amount of Revenue Bonds.
- October 2018
Acted as borrower’s counsel to a leading, national affordable housing provider in connection with a multi-tiered financing transaction consisting of three (3) lending sources and the utilization of low income housing tax credits.
- April 1, 2018
In a series of three transactions, Parker McCay represented a global investment banking firm in connection with the issuance by the City of Atlantic City of over $186,000,000 aggregate principal amount of Tax Appeal and Deferred Obligation Refunding Bonds
- Parker McCay Provides Counsel to Underwriter in Connection with Milestone New Bond Issuance for Atlantic CityJune 2017
Marks a significant milestone for the future financial stability of the Atlantic City
- July 2016
Effectively brought complex transaction to a close by drawing on a broad range of skills and experience from multiple practice areas.
- May 10, 2016
Parker McCay served as counsel to NW Capital Markets Inc., a leading investment banking and underwriting firm in the greater New York/New Jersey region.
- February 17, 2016
Parker McCay assisted the School District from initial conception of the projects, through a public referendum process and, ultimately, the issuance and sale of the School Bonds.
Served as bond counsel to the Gloucester County Improvement Authority in connection with the financing of the completion of various capital improvement projects for Rowan University on the University’s main campus in Glassboro, New Jersey.
- May 18, 2015
Served as Bond Counsel to the County of Burlington in connection with the issuance by the County of its General Obligation Bonds, the proceeds of which were utilized by the County to finance the costs of construction of various capital improvements and acquisition and installation of equipment in and for Burlington County.
- April 25, 2013
Earned The Bond Buyer’s National Healthcare Financing "Deal of the Year" award for our representation in connection with the largest higher education merger in U.S. history.
- August 15, 2012
In one of the first transactions of its kind in the State of New Jersey, Parker McCay served as Bond Counsel to The Camden County Improvement Authority in connection with the issuance of lease revenue bonds to finance the costs of certain energy savings and conservation improvements and equipment installed and operated on the campus of the Camden County Technical Schools.
- March 4, 2019
- October 15, 2018
- SNJDC Economic Development SeminarSeptember 18, 2018 | 8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.Southern New Jersey Development Council
- August 25, 2017
- 2017 Annual Spring Conference Panel DiscussionApril 27, 2017 | 1:45 p.m.- 3 p.m.New Jersey Conference of Mayors
- Luncheon Seminar for School AdministratorsSeptember 28, 2016 | 11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.Parker McCay
- Utility Sale – Is it Right for your Town?Shareholder Jeff Winitsky, part of a panel discussion focused on the sale and privatization of water utility systems in New JerseyJune 10, 2016Institute for Professional Development
- Alexis Batten to Present CLE SeminarFebruary 19, 2014Cape May County Bar Association
- Parker McCay Blog, February 27, 2019
- Parker McCay Blog, February 19, 2019
- Parker McCay Blog, January 24, 2019
- Parker McCay Blog, January 17, 2019
- Parker McCay Blog, November 9, 2018
- Parker McCay Blog, August 20, 2018
- Parker McCay Blog, August 16, 2018
- Parker McCay Blog, June 19, 2018
- Parker McCay Blog, June 13, 2018
- Parker McCay Blog, August 9, 2017
- Parker McCay Blog, January 11, 2017
- Parker McCay Blog, June 14, 2016
- Parker McCay Blog, September 30, 2015
- Parker McCay Blog, June 2, 2015
- Parker McCay Blog, August 12, 2013